Saturday, June 11, 2011

Infantilizing the Culture

This is a GREAT article about the lack of proper language and speaking skills seen in our young people and some adults.    Some of my pet peeves are covered, such "And I was like, and then he was like" and ending sentences with an inflection on the end, as if they were asking a question.  These things drive me nuts.   I work with several young people and one in particular uses all of these annoying habits and she sounds like a moron, despite the fact that she has a college degree.  Interestingly enough, her mother is a public school teacher.  Hmmmmm...........   I am happy to say that my one offspring speaks intelligently, properly, with little to no use of slang.   I should have been an English teacher.   

Click the link to Pajamas Media for more...

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/infantilizing-the-culture/?singlepage=true

No comments:

Post a Comment